ABOUT THE ROLE
Role: Marketing Manager
Start Date: Now-September 2019
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand (inc. International travel)
Time Commitment: Full-time
Role Description: We are looking for a highly motivated strategic thinking Marketing Manager who is digitally savvy, creative and driven to grow our work to make an impact. Our ideal colleague will have some experience managing social media, print and online marketing campaigns. Among their key skills will be an analytical mindset combined with a data-driven approach to marketing. The role would be part of our global yet highly collaborative team. It would be an advantage if the candidate is motivated by being part of a social enterprise working towards improving the quality of education for children all over the world.
If you would like to have an informal and confidential discussion about the role, or have any queries, please contact Jessie Cross on email@example.com.
LRTT is on a mission to improve the quality of education all over the world
LRTT (Limited Resource Teacher Training) is a social enterprise founded in 2011 by teachers from the UK who identified a need for teachers in Uganda to have access to effective, practical teacher training. We now work in 11 countries across Africa, Asia and the Caribbean where we deliver teacher training programmes in limited resource contexts, where training opportunities for teachers are scarce. Over the school summer break, we send qualified teachers from all over the US, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand for month-long Fellowship programmes to provide instructional coaching and a mastery-based programme of professional development for local teachers.
Over 1700 teachers have now joined LRTT and together with our 16 partner organisations, we are helping to improve the quality of teaching for 80,000 children each day. Our goal is to support teachers to make sure every child in their classroom is learning and has access to a quality education. Our ambition is to grow our organisation to train 10,000 teachers and improve education for 1 million children over the coming five years.
Join a global team of educators, innovators and change-makers
We currently have three permanent LRTT staff members who are based out of the BizDojo in Christchurch, NZ, and we are excited to grow our NZ-based team. The rest of the LRTT team are spread across the UK, US, Argentina, Poland, India and Uganda, and you will have the opportunity to work remotely with them via our online channels and apps. This role is a great opportunity to be part of a growing social enterprise, made up of an awesome international team who share a common goal of improving the quality of education for children around the world.
- Overseeing paid and organic social media marketing campaigns across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Designing and delivering a creative community and influencer strategy that helps us turn our Fellows into recruiters of their friends and colleagues.
- Testing print and online marketing approach campaigns in education publications and websites across the UK, US, Australia and New Zealand.
- Designing and delivering an integrated email marketing strategy that authentically communicates with our database of over 10,000 teachers who have considered applying for LRTT.
- Overseeing our content to help us tell our story and contribute to search engine optimisation.
- Partnering with our digital team to help us create engaging digital experiences that encourage inspiring teachers to take the leap to apply to become LRTT fellows.
- Working with our analytics team to track, continually optimise and prioritise marketing approaches that efficiently allow us to recruit teachers to join our programmes.
- Supporting our Programme and Community team with the recruitment of teachers to join Fellowship programmes as required to gain an understanding of our recruitment processes and provide additional capacity (especially in October-March) for interviewing and communicating with applicants.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE:
- No stranger to digital marketing, including managing paid campaigns across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- A creative thinker and storyteller who’s excited to stay at the leading edge of digital marketing and communication.
- Proficient in creating engaging ad copy, experimenting with new formats and building a brand.
- Diligent with campaign management to ensure careful use of campaign budgets and make efficient data-driven improvements
- Passionate about education and making an impact.
- A motivated self-starter and strong team player who is willing to try a wide range of different tasks
- Highly organised and efficient
- Capable of managing a high workload, prioritising and delivering outcomes within tight deadlines
- Confident liaising and building relationships with our global team using online platforms and apps
- Someone who approaches work with a positive attitude and willingness to problem solve and use initiative
- An excellent communicator to enthuse teachers to join the programme and manage enquiries
- Willing to go the extra mile to deliver amazing programmes for our Fellows
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision
- Proficient using Google Suite (or willing to learn!)
Even better if you have:
- Experience using Adobe suite for document and image editing
- Hold a Bachelors Degree (or higher) in a field related to marketing, sales or communications
- Experience using SalesForce
- Travelled to less developed countries before
VALUES & ALIGNMENT
As an organisation, we have a strong belief in the impact of our work and as such, our new team member will share this belief and commitment to our vision and values.
- Care about the power that education has to change lives
- Be committed to LRTT’s vision to create a world in which every teacher is empowered to engage every child in learning
- Be committed to LRTT’s mission to get all children learning by improving teaching
- Be willing to work within a start-up environment and the flexibility that this will require
- Demonstrate our values (below) across all areas of their work:
- Stronger Together
- Learning Always
- Driving Lasting Change
- Impact Orientated
- Committed to Sharing
Full details of our manifesto and values can be found here: https://www.lrtt.org/manifesto/
Full-time: (40 hours/week - flexibility will be required due to working as part of a global team)
Location: Christchurch, NZ, based out of BizDojo shared office space (with the flexibility to work from home when required)
Starting: ASAP, but by early September 2019
Salary: NZD competitive and commensurate with experience.
The opportunity to work abroad for up to one month per year alongside one of our Fellowships in Africa, Asia or South America (all expenses paid) and/or with the Europe team during hackathons.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV and a short covering letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in this opportunity to Jessie at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 2nd August 2019.
Interviews will start on a rolling basis so we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible. If you have any questions about the opportunity and would like to discuss it further before you apply, you can call Jessie on +64273113140.
As part of our standard on-boarding process for new team members confirmation is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. We’re committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We also believe our team should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve—in race, gender, age, cultures and beliefs—and we support this diversity through all of our recruitment and organisational practices. All applicants and employees who are drawn to serve the mission of LRTT will enjoy equality of opportunity and fair treatment without regard to: Race, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Disability, Veteran Status, Color, Pregnancy, Gender Identity, National Origin, Marital Status, Age, Sex, Gender Expression, Genetic Information or Prior Protected Activity.
LRTT believes that everyone we come into contact with irrespective of ability, ethnicity, faith, gender identity, sexuality and culture has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect and exploitation. LRTT will not tolerate abuse and exploitation by staff or associated personnel.
LRTT programmes work directly with teachers and not with children but staff and associated personnel will come into contact with children and possibly at-risk adults. Therefore, accepting and following LRTT’s safeguarding policy is a compulsory part of working, volunteering or visiting any LRTT programme. Background checks will be required and additional police checks may be required before taking part in an overseas programme visit. You can read more here: LRTT Safeguarding Policy.SUBMIT AN APPLICATION ONLINE HERE